When it comes to a golf course, maintenance adds as a necessary part. And that begins with a precise fairway, which means an end long pattern with popular effects. A proper fairway influences both the playability and aesthetics of a golf course. No doubt, you need the proper golf course maintenance equipment to achieve the standard turf pattern, and that is called a Riding mower. It is used to keep the golf course in pristine condition and ensures that turf is well maintained.
Before going through a lot of detailed information, here are a few benefits that you need to know about riding golf mowers.
- Riding mower are perfect for people with health issues or can’t stand for a longer time.
- It can be driven easily, just like driving a car. They have easy key start buttons that don’t require much body strength.
- The windows usually come with a tint that saves you from direct sun exposure.
- It comes with several attachments that can be used for multiple purposes.
- It helps in the spreading of fertilizers or grass seeds.
- They have a high productivity level and work for both dry and wet weather.
- They don’t produce high noise as compared to the other mowers and are energy efficient.
- Less maintenance is required for golf course maintenance equipment. And if maintenance is required, it can be done in a few simple steps.
- The mowing decks are highly flexible in nature and deliver an optimum follow of the turf. The view that comes to the driver is very good.
- The generator is usually located at the rear side of the mower that offers a balance and there’s no chance of rutting.
It is the preferred choice because an individual can sit on top of it, and can simply drive with a steering wheel, just like a car. Certainly, it makes the turf maintenance much easier and effortless. Though they demand a large storage space, they cover large areas in a short time. And yes, they are expensive, and the costs usually start from $1000-$3000. If that doesn’t suit your budget, then you can simply buy a second-hand golf mower from any of the maintenance equipment vendors near you.
Now, let’s move onto the factors that should be considered before making a suitable purchase.
The course size is the first thing that needs to be considered. Don’t get confused, follow the thumb rule. Notice if the area is more than 1 acre, then a riding golf mower is the ideal choice.
Golf courses are usually not flat and have a lot of hindrances. So, it is better to go for a riding mower or a self-propelled mower as navigation becomes easier because of their engine powered wheels. Merely, they eliminate a lot of strain and stress.
Gas and power supply
Well, all the riding golf mowers are self-driven, but if you choose any of the ordinary or self-propelled mower, then you need to make sure you have an average supply of gas or electricity. Only gas-powered and riding mower comes with a long duration, but their maintenance can be a roadblock as it is complicated. Whereas the electric mowers are less noisy and their maintenance is easy to do.
The deck size represents how wide blades you require in the mower. Bigger the deck size, the bigger the blades will be. The deck size varies from 20” to 70”, and the preferred size is the 30” to 60”. In simple words, a wide deck will cut more turf.
Choose a mower that has supporting tools in its package. Like, a riding golf mower always comes with various attachments like fertilizers, dump carts, spreaders, rakes, etc. All of them are highly compatible and improve efficiency.