Falls are actually one of the leading causes of the workplace which results in injuries and even fatalities. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) clearly stated that it is an employer’s responsibility for ensuring that a workplace is organized and set up properly. Proper follow-up and care reduce the risk factors. In addition to this, working at height training can prevent any unfortunate accident.
The height safety & fall protection solutions increase the employees’ safety who works in elevated areas. The airline, energy, and recreational companies are several common employers who require their workers to labor at dangerous heights. The advantages of the security system include its cost-effectiveness, extra safety features, and durability.
Checklist for Working at Heights:
The checklist must be followed to ensure maximum work at height safety. One must follow the OSHA-approved rules that ensure workers’ health, and with such height protection solutions, people will get more security, safety and work satisfaction.
- Including railings: This is the simplest of all fall protection safety equipment. Whether it is a permanent or portable setup, the employees must only remain of the railing which will keep them safe from those danger zones.
- Understanding all fall distances: A height safety & fall protection solution does not do much good in the event if a worker hits the ground-level before the harness or where other fall protection equipment engages. The length of the lanyard, as well as body length, should be positively taken into consideration. You should install such safety equipment’s in your workplace properly and in this regard you can take helps form trained professionals.
- Selecting the best anchor points: general anchor points cannot protect you from height. One cannot completely depend upon the PVC pipe to support an employee’s weight plus an additional 5,000 lbs. of force. For that, one needs structural steel and beam clamps or a roofing cart, or some other durable anchors.
- Choosing the best safety measurements: It is recommended to take time to study the overall situation. One should understand the task at hand and consider the fall protection plan for working at heights. In some instances, a ladder may be appropriate. In other instances, it will be safer to use scaffolding with a railing or a harness (or both). Perhaps you can also install a temporary rope list for high or fall protection. One can exhaust their options and keep safety precautions while working at a height near the forefront of the decision.
- Picking the proper PPE and inspecting it: It is necessary to study the situation along with the personal protective equipment (PPE). One shall need to consider things like the safe working height without a harness (or with), safety netting fall protection, the minimum height at which precautions should be taken, retractable lanyards, and more.
- Demanding proper use of equipment: Whether it is the use of ladders or lifts, one needs to enforce every single rule to prevent falls from height in construction. It does not matter that everyone is tired of hearing it. It should be repeated again and again. On noticing a slip in the procedure, efforts should be done to correct it to prevent an accident tomorrow.
A weekly or monthly fall protection safety meeting is very important for the employees. Even if it is briefed, there must be reminders made on a regular basis regarding the risks of working at height in order to save lives from sudden accidents or falls. A proper and safe work procedure for working at the height is pretty important and with the height safety & fall protection solutions, you can easily provide utmost safety to your workers.