These days it is extremely important that you are effectively using SEO for your business, which means you might need to have a checklist for your audit. You should make sure that you know what needs to be done since everything is always changing in this industry. Ensure that you are undertaking one of these audits around 2 times a year because of how fast the technology is changing, so here is what you need to know and look for.
Technical SEO Audit Checklist
Making sure that you have a technical audit done a few times a year is important since it can help to increase your ratings. Here are some of the things that you would need to make sure that you are doing and looking for, such as:
- Creating a site that is mobile friendly – This is extremely critical for your site since you want to make sure that your site can be easily viewed on a mobile phone during any search.
- Fix all links that are broken – If your page has any links that are broken they needed to be fixed right away, especially so that the customer won’t land up on any error pages.
- Use HTTPS to secure the website – All potential customers love to see that their data is going to be secure, which is why you need to be using HTTPS to reassure them.
These are the main steps to complete your technical SEO audit so that it would load quicker, so make sure to go over them and move on. Once you have finished these items, then you can progress to your on-page audit checklist that will make sure your page is optimized fully.
When it comes to the content on the webpage you need to ensure that you are doing an audit of that too so that you can be sure it is done properly. Here are some steps that you can take to make sure of this, including:
- Use of short URLs – Don’t use a long URL that people won’t be able to remember, but instead opt for a shorter one that is simpler to remember.
- Use keywords when creating a title tag – When you are creating the title tags for your pages you should make sure that you are inputting one of the top and relevant keywords.
- Put the keyword in first 150 words of the content – Also, when you are creating the content you are going to want to put the keywords within the first 150 words that is being written.
- Use the keyword in the H1, H2, and even H3 tags – You want to ensure that you are putting all of the necessary keywords in all of the tags that would be searched for during the search.
These steps will help you to make sure that you are creating the content properly and that you are using the keywords in the areas they should be The next step would be to do an audit on the keywords that you have chosen, so keep reading to find out more.
Keyword Audit Checklist
It is important that you are also undertaking an audit for the keywords, especially if you are just starting out. Some of the steps to follow include:
- Identify the low competition keywords and avoid those that are used by the competition
- Use tools to find solid keywords that others aren’t using
- Use Google Suggest to find some new long-tail keywords
These steps would help you when it comes to finding the right SEO company that would bring more and more traffic to your page no matter what.
You should always ensure that you know what steps you are going to have to take during an audit and there are plenty of areas to make sure you are covering. Not only do you want to make sure that you are covering the technical section, but also the on-page and keywords areas as well. If you follow the steps that are given above, then you can get started and you can ensure that your website is fully SEO optimized and you can increase how well your site is performing.