Are you facing these problems? –
Your child is a picky eater or the kid has been avoiding breakfast recently!
Well, here’s a thought…
Maybe, the problem lies with the recipes chosen!
Children are in their initial stages of developing taste buds. So, it’s no surprise when they tend to become a little picky and moody over breakfast.
Nevertheless, there’s nothing to worry as you can always make breakfasts fun again with a few healthy yet delicious recipes.
Excited to uncover the tastiest breakfast recipes? Keep reading!
4 Kid-Friendly breakfast recipes, for your picky eater:
1) Tiny bell pepper pizza anyone?
Treat your child’s taste buds with tiny bell pepper pizzas.
- 4 bell peppers. Choose colorful ones
- Olive oil, ground pepper, ½ cup of pizza paste and chafed parmesan
- 1/3 of chicken breast shredded or go green
- A tablespoon of parsley (chopped), Oregano (optional)
Heat your oven to around 350 degrees. Coat your sheet tray with olive oil and pre heat. Then, add sauce over each half of the bell pepper and top it with mozzarella, parmesan and chicken (optional).
Now, carefully bake for minimum 15 minutes and your dish is ready. Garnish with parsley and oregano. Bet, your child will not refuse these.
2) Boostenergy with strawberry lime smoothies
Nothing says fresh and healthy like a good old strawberry lime smoothie.
- 8 ounces of low fat strawberry yoghurt
- Half a cup of milk
- 2tbs of honey and 2 cups of fresh strawberry
- ¼ tbsp. ground cinnamon and 2-4 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
All you require is a blender.Simply put the ingredients into a blender and mix them until they get smooth and creamy. You’ll get 3 glasses of utterly delicious smoothies, with a calorie count of 172kcal per glass.
Try out this easy recipe to keep your child fuller for a long time.
3) Frozen honey fruit cups with yogurt- Yuum!
Why not give your child a healthy dessert for breakfast?
- Fresh fruits, around 4 ½ cups. (Kiwi, apples, bananas, berries, etc.)
- ¾ cups of Chinese yogurt, flavored or not (optional)
- 1 table spoon of honey &almond extract
- ½ a tbsp. of orange peels
Divide the fruits evenly amongst 4-6 serving bowls, and combine the yogurt honey orange peel and extracts. Now, mix carefully and set it to freeze. Serve chilled.
With calorie going as low as 100kcal, you can try this healthy alternative to make your child breakfast friendly.
4) The eternal favorite banana blueberry pancake
Your child can’t say no to this one: banana blueberry pancakes are a universal favorite amongst everyone.
- A full cup of wheat flour +1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- Sugar, baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt and a large egg(beaten)
- 3 mashed bananas, 1-1/4 cup of milk
- A bowl of frozen blueberries, Maple syrup or honey (optional)
Combine the flour, egg and banana and mix them into a soft paste. Add salt, sugar and mesh together into a fine mixture. Now, coat your heating pan and pour some batter over it, add blueberries and heat for 6-10 minutes.
Can you smell the aroma?
Serve the blueberry banana pancake with honey or syrup.
Try feeding your child these delicacies; you are sure to notice a subjective change in his/her attitude towards breakfast.