The Return of the Disaster-Class Hero 57 is a very important chapter and most of the fans of the webtoon will agree. But those of you who do not know the plot and stumbled upon chapter 57 must know certain things. So, the basic story of the webtoon follows Lee Seung-hoon, a hero who was killed by his comrades 20 years ago. He comes back to life and seeks revenge on those who wronged him.
So, after knowing the plot you can now understand the title. If you’re unsure of what to anticipate, allow me to say that the webcomic is famous for its intriguing story, jaw-dropping action, and endearing characters. It also has many twists and surprises that keep the fans like us hooked.
In this post, I will tell you why exactly I believe chapter 57 of The Return of the Disaster-Class Hero is important and discuss how it changed everything.
The Truth About Kim Min-jae
Before I tell you more about The Return of the Disaster-Class Hero 57 I would like to share that it will be more or less a spoiler-free discussion. The things that I am about to share are from the early chapters so you can read the post without worrying about spoilers.
So, Kim Min-jae is the main protagonist of the webtoon. You might be wondering why I am telling you about the antagonist before the protagonist. But it will make sense as you keep on reading this post. Kim is Lee Seung-hoon’s former friend and rival, who killed him 20 years ago. He also happens to be the leader of Black Sun, a villain organization that opposes Lee Seung-hoon.
Kim Min-jae portrayal is a cruel, arrogant, and ruthless villain. He wants to eliminate Lee Seung-hoon because of his intense hate for him. Additionally, he has taken part in several wicked acts, including kidnapping, murder, and terrorism.
However, in The Return of the Disaster-Class Hero 57, we learn that Kim Min-jae is not who he seems to be. He reveals to Lee Seung-hoon that he is not the real Kim Min-jae, but his younger brother who went under brainwashing by the Black Sun.
He explains that the real Kim Min-Jae died in an accident when he was a child and that he took his place. He says that he inherited his brother’s memories and personality through a secret experiment conducted by Black Sun. He says that he was raised as a weapon to kill Lee Seung-hoon.
The shift in the story
I must warn that this section may have some spoilers for The Return of the Disaster-Class Hero 57 but let’s discuss it here. Okay, so he says that he was programmed to hate Lee Seung-hoon and to seek revenge for his brother’s death. He says that he was also implanted with a bomb in his heart that would explode if he ever disobeyed Black Sun’s orders.
He says that he has been living a lie for his whole life and that he never had a choice. He says that he is sorry for what he did to Lee Seung-hoon and that he hopes that Lee Seung-hoon can forgive him.
The next lines include spoilers. He then presses a button on his desk and activates the bomb in his heart. He says goodbye to Lee Seung-hoon and smiles as he explodes. So you can see the shift here.
The Impact on Lee Seung-hoon
So now coming to Lee Seung-hoon who is the main hero of the webtoon. He is the protagonist who was killed by his comrades 20 years ago. He miraculously comes back to life and seeks revenge on those who wronged him.
Lee Seung-hoon is a powerful, determined, and vengeful hero. He has a strong sense of justice and loyalty. He also has a soft spot for his friends and family. These are the qualities we expect from our hero.
However, in chapter 57, we see a different side of Lee Seung-hoon. He is shocked and speechless by Kim Min-jae’s revelation and death. He falls to his knees and cries out in pain and confusion.
The revelation affects Lee Seung-hoon in many ways:
- It makes him question his own identity and purpose. He wonders who he really is and why he came back to life. So it is a fun twist.
- It makes him doubt his own revenge. He realizes that he was not fighting against his real enemy, but a puppet of Black Sun. He wonders if his revenge was worth it or not. So you get my point as to why I believe The Return of the Disaster-Class Hero 57 changed everything.
- It makes him feel guilty and regretful. He feels sorry for Kim Min-Jae and wishes that he could have saved him or befriended him. This is again a very interesting twist.
- It makes him angry and obviously frustrated. He feels a sense of betrayal by Black Sun and wants to find out who they are and what they want.
- It makes him sad and lonely. He loses one of his oldest friends and enemies. He feels like he has no one left in this world. But twists like these make the webtoon interesting for us fans.
The Implications for the Future
The Return of the Disaster-Class Hero 57 is not only a shocking twist but also a turning point for the webtoon. It ends season one of the webtoon and sets up the stage for season two. I know as fans you are excited about the next chapter and maybe this is the reason why you are reading this post.
However, I want to discuss the implications and the chapter has many implications for the future of the webtoon:
- Firstly, it introduces a new mystery and challenge for Lee Seung-hoon: Black Sun. It now suggests that there is a bigger enemy behind Kim Min-jae’s death and Lee Seung-hoon’s resurrection. But we need answers to the questions such as about the nature and origin of the Black Sun. Who are they and what is their goal? We want to know. How did they obtain Kim Min-jae’s body and memories? Again, very important. How did they create the bomb in his heart? Although heartbreaking we still do need answers. How many other people have they experimented on and controlled?
- Secondly, it opens up new possibilities and directions for Lee Seung-hoon’s character development. I think that Lee Seung-hoon will have to face the true mastermind behind Black Sun and his own death. It also suggests that Lee Seung-hoon will have to deal with the emotional aftermath of Kim Min-jae’s death and his own guilt. But I know we want to see how Lee Seung-hoon will have to grow as a character and find a new meaning and motivation for his life.
- Lastly, it creates new expectations and excitement for our fans. It makes us curious about what will happen next in the webtoon. It keeps me eager to see how Lee Seung-hoon will overcome his challenges and enemies. It also makes the fans hopeful to see how Lee Seung-hoon will find happiness and peace in his life.
The Return of the Disaster-Class Hero 57 is a shocking and heartbreaking chapter that reveals the truth about Kim Min-Jae, the main villain of the webtoon. The chapter changes how we view both Kim Min-Jae and Lee Seung-hoon as characters and how we understand their relationship and conflict. It also raises some questions about the Black Sun and its motives and methods. It also ends season one of the webtoon and prepares us for season two.
For me, the chapter is a masterpiece of storytelling that delivers a powerful twist and a strong emotion. It is one of the best chapters in the webtoon and I hope it will remain like this till the end.
What is The Return of the Disaster-Class Hero?
The Return of the Disaster-Class Hero is a webtoon that follows Lee Seung-hoon, a hero under went betrayal and killed by his comrades 20 years ago. He comes back to life and seeks revenge on those who wronged him.
Who is Kim Min-jae?
Kim Min-jae is the leader of Black Sun, a villain organization that opposes Lee Seung-hoon.
What is the truth about Kim Min-jae?
The truth about Kim Min-Jae is that he is not the real Kim Min-Jae, but his younger brother who went under brainwashing by the Black Sun.
How did Kim Min-Jae die? (spoilers)
Kim Min-Jae died by activating the bomb in his heart when he met Lee Seung-hoon in chapter 57. He apologized to Lee Seung-hoon and asked for his forgiveness before he died.
What will happen in season two of The Return of the Disaster-Class Hero?
Season two of The Return of the Disaster-Class Hero will continue the story of Lee Seung-hoon’s revenge against Black Sun and their leader, who is the true mastermind behind his death. It will also show how Lee Seung-hoon copes with the revelation and death of Kim Min-Jae and how he grows as a character.