Hey, in today’s digital world you can find a wide list of social media platforms. Instagram is one of them, abbreviated to IG or Insta. It is a photo and video sharing social media service that allows to upload media organized by hashtags, geographical tagging, and edited by filters.
It was launched for iOS in October 2010 and rapidly gained popularity. Due to its unique features soon, it became the 4th most downloaded app. The service added messaging feature and provide the ability to include multiple images or videos in a post. You can share the post publicly or with pre-approved followers.
Meaning of Instagram Marketing?
Instagram Marketing is a common way that brands use to connect with their audience and market their offering. It is an exciting method for brands to highlight their culture, recruit new employees and engage with their followers.
For marketers, it’s essential to understand where their customer lives and which platform will enable to reach them. The growing popularity of Instagram is sufficient to identify its worth for marketing.
Instagram marketing is competitive and challenging but not impossible. A majority of Instagram users follow at least 1 business. So, more than 36% of businessmen use Instagram while reaching new products or services.
Nevertheless, it will continue to release new and innovative features. After understanding the meaning, have a look at why do we do it?
- How to use Instagram for businesses- This photo-sharing platform is popular among adults. The platform is for all and it has gained popularity among all age groups. Those days are gone when the markets hesitate to implement Instagram marketing strategy due to its less popularity.
It is recommended to join Instagram by today because your audiences are waiting for you. If not, then your competitor will win the battle.
- Instagram high levels of Engagement- Approx. 60% of Instagram users login into their accounts daily. From this 60%, a majority of users take action after seeing a product. Nevertheless, they may buy your products, search for them and refer a friend about it.
Find opportunities for engagement by interacting with clients who tagged you in their posts. Moreover, don’t forget to tag them back when you share your post.
- Advertising on Instagram- Instagram has more than 1 million active users. So, you try to grab all the advertising opportunities offered by them. Whether you are a small business or a large corporation, to broaden your audience you must know how to advertise on Instagram.
- Instagram reaches new followers through hashtags- When you use a hashtag with posts, it increases ROI for the platform. Every popular and related hashtag can make your brand easier to discover.
- Create content for other marketing channels- Instagram enables you to create content for other marketing channels. This quality makes them unique, valuable and helps them to stand out from the crowd. You can save images, videos or either link your account with Facebook and Twitter to share them directly.
5 Best Instagram Marketing Tips-
These Instagram marketing tips will help a beginner to boost his/her marketing strategy. Before you get started, it’s essential to create a business account.
- Download the Instagram app for Android
- Open the app > Sign-up with email or contact number > Tap Next > Create username and password > Fill profile Info and Continue
- Switch to a business account > Open your profile and tap the hamburger icon at the top right of the screen > Tap settings > Tap to professional account > Tap business and follow the prompts.
Use a business account-
A business account offers several perks over a personal account. It offers the following features for influencers and content creators. Create a business account from the above-mentioned steps if you haven’t done yet.
- Instagram Insights
- Instagram Ads
- Instagram Shopping
- Call information
Define your goals-
All social media platforms are effective tools. However, you can’t take their advantage if you are not sure about your goals. Instagram marketing has a different meaning for marketers. So, carefully decide what matters most to your business.
- Creating an online presence for your business?
- Increasing brand awareness?
- Getting leads?
Know your audience-
A little research is enough to know who you can best reach? For example,
- Adults between 18 to 30 are the most active audience on Instagram.
- The U.S is listed as the largest Instagram market.
- Urban residents use Instagram more than others.
Note- These facts don’t mean that you only focus on these specific age groups.
Optimize your profile-
In an Instagram bio of 150 words, convey your brand personality and tell the audience why they should follow your Instagram account. You also get the following fields on your Instagram account to showcase the goal of your brand.
- Your name and username up to 30 characters.
- Website- A URL that can be changed whenever required
- Category- That informs about your brand without using bio characters.
- Contact info- To allow the audience to find you
- Call-to-action button- To interact with you from your profile page.
Create Visually compelling content-
Instagram is a visual medium that requires sharp, well-lid, and well-composed photos and videos. Images are great for communication but, if they fail to tell a story and engage your viewers, you will no get followers. So, before sharing make sure that they are clear, easy-to-read, and eye-catching. Here are a few suggestions regarding what to post?
- Behind-the-scenes post- Give them a look at your office, your store, and the manufacturing process.
- UGC- User-generated contents are compelling and authentic.
- Instructional post-teaching a follower about how to achieve his goals.
Remember, compelling content can extend your follower-base if they are inspired to share your post in their stories. Before you post any creativity, focus on creating content that’s worthy of a share rather than a quick like.
Unlike other social channels, Instagram has the highest follower base. So, Instagram marketing is perfect to reach consumers and to increase your brand awareness.