The Raw disk problem is one of the most common problems that is faced by users. This may happen with many of the storage devices including hard disk, SD memory card, USB flash drive and external hard drive. When your disk gets Raw, you won’t be able to access any data from it. The best way to fix this problem is to convert or recover raw partition to NTFS.
If you are faced with the same problem and looking for a possible solution, you are in the right place. You can use a damaged partition recovery software in order to get your problem solved. There are several such software available out there but you need to make sure that you choose the best one for your need.
In this article, we will discuss everything that you need to know about converting the raw partition to NFTS using a recover raw partition software. Having said that, now let’s dive into the details.
Symptoms that indicate your hard disk has become Raw
Before we move onto the raw partition fix, it is important for you to know the reasons why a disk becomes RAW in the first place. When your hard disk becomes raw, you get the RAW error message. The symptoms of the problem are summed into the following pointers.
- You receive the RAW error message.
- The CHKDSK is not available.
- You cannot access drive X.
Steps To convert RAW to NFTS without losing data
In order to fix the raw partition without losing data, you need to make use of reliable and effective recovery software. You may come across a number of different recovery software out there but none of them are as good as Recovery Data Recovery. If you want the best raw partition fix, you should definitely consider opting for Recovery Data Recovery software.
Recoverit Data Recovery is one of the best and professional RAW discovery tool. Using this software you can recover data from raw partition. All you need to do is download and install the software for free and you are good to go. To help you out we have listed the steps below. Go through the pointers given below and you will know what to do.
- After you have successfully downloaded and installed the software on your device, you are required to launch it in order to start with the process.
- Now select the lost partition shown on the interface.
- The software will now start to scan the drive in order to look for the RAW files.
- Before you select ‘recover’ tick the files from the list that you need.
Steps to convert RAW to NTFS without formatting
After you have recovered your data you can convert the raw partition to NTFS with disk management or CMD or system recovery option. We have provided the steps for each of the methods.
Method 1: CMD
- Right click on the icon of My Computer and select the manage button.
- visit computer management.
- Then choose disk management.
- Check the local drive that you want to fix and mark it as an active device.
- Visit the properties of the drive by right-clicking on it.
- Follow the path: security>advanced>owner>edit>other users or groups>advanced>find now. Now select the users listed and tap the OK button.
- In the end, reboot your system.
Method 2: Disk Management
- Use the run command in order to open the command prompt as an administrator.
- Type in X: /FS: NTFS followed by the enter key.
Once you are done with the above-mentioned steps, the raw drive will be converted into the NTFS system. You can now check whether you can access your data or not.
Method 3: System recovery option
- Go to system recovery options on your device.
- Select the option startup repair from the list of other options.
- Now go to recovery options.
- In this system, you need to attach a removable storage media using a USB cable.
- Open the command prompt and type in notepad in order to launch it.
- Find the raw drive.
- If you are unable to find your raw drive, you can copy and paste all your backup files to the external drive.
- Close the command prompt.
- Open command prompt again and type in chkdsk/f/r followed by the enter key.
This will convert the raw drive partition to NTFS. Once this is done you will be able to access your files again.
Now that you know all the three methods of converting the raw partition to NTFS, you should be able to complete the process easily. The process is applicable for all the Windows platform.