Jailbreaking an iOS device sometimes becomes necessary. Sometimes it is due to the specific features that you may want to add to your device and sometimes it is just because you want to enjoy the restriction-free experience. The most popular jailbreak available these days for iOS 9 devices is jailbreak 9.2.1 no computer. However, if your iOS device is currently on iOS 9.3.3 and you have been waiting for a proper jailbreak option, it’s finally here. The new Pangu jailbreak allows iOS users to take a different approach to jailbreaking eligible devices through Cydia Impactor.
Are There Any Limitations?
Before we get on with the jailbreak process, let’s take a look at the limitations that exist. There are, basically, two limitations outlined by Pangu itself for the jailbreak method that we’ll be demonstrating here. These include:
- One Apple ID may be used to apply certificate for limited devices only.
- Certificate gets expired after 7 days. In case of certificate expiration, you’ll have to jailbreak your device again.
A workaround also exists, however, for the second limitation. This requires Apple developers to sign IPA file using developer credentials of their own to extend the life of the certificate. In this case, jailbreak app can be expected to last for one year rather than just 7 days. It’s very important as here we’ll be discussing semi-tethered jailbreak which means the app has to be run after reboots for re-enabling the jailbreak functionality.
How To Jailbreak iOS 9.3.3 With Pangu?
Here are the steps that you will have to follow for jailbreaking your device using Pangu jailbreak app.
- Go to Pangu.io and download Pangu app
- Download compatible Cydia Impactor to run on your desktop
- Connect the iPhone that you have to jailbreak to the computer
- Run Cydia Impactor and drop pangu.ipa file that you had downloaded in the first step on Cydia Impactor. Here, just make sure that your device is visible to Cydia Impactor, before dropping the IPA file on it
- A Warning box will appear, click OK to continue
- Provide your Apple login details when prompted. If you are using a non-developer ID, you will be able to run Pangu app for 7 days at most. But if you are using a developer account then you’ll have access for one complete year.
- You will now be able to find Pangu app on the iOS device on which you want to run the jailbreak. However, you still have to trust the app by opening Settings and then going to Device Management in General Settings. Here you’ll have to tap email address of Developer App that is linked to your Apple ID. Finally, tap on Trust twice for trusting the app profile.
- Now you can launch Pangu app from Home Screen of your device and allow it access to the Notifications when asked.
- Tap Start button on Pangu App.
- Lock the device as prompted to do so. You’ll get a notification and then your device will respring.
- After respring completion, just unlock your iOS device and Cydia will be available on the Home Screen from
where you can launch it to access desired third party apps.
As the jailbreak is semi-tethered, it will be necessary for you to run Pangu on your device every time you restart it.
So, use this method to jailbreak iOS 9.3.3. Even though it’s a semi-tethered jailbreak, it is still workable and allows you enjoy all the functionality that you have been after.