There is no way you can get relax when it is time to get your range rover serviced. This should be given its due importance, as this vehicle is considered as a ‘once in a lifetime investment’. You will find with this scheduled servicing of a range rover your engine performs to the best of its ability and your vehicle not only looks good but runs well for a long span of time. Regular maintenance leads to less of expenditure in the long run. Let us go through some of the benefits these servicing offers to the owner of a range rover.
Tips on Range Rover Servicing
- Maintains the value of the vehicle: How well the car is maintained makes a huge difference to the price you are offered, at the time of re-selling. Potential buyers ensure the car is well inspected when they buy a used car.
- Safety increased: Safety while driving can be ensured only if a vehicle is well maintained. This is opting for the regular servicing and getting the car-parts repaired or replaced as required. When the servicing of a car is carried out by experienced professionals, you have the brakes checked, oil changed, cabin and air filters checked and the air pressure of the tires checked. In short, with regular servicing, you have a range rover which is in a road-worthy condition.
- Lowers the cost of running: Problems which can be rectified on time can prevent immense repairs and replacements. This is saving money and time. Preventive maintenance is anytime affordable as compared to major repairs. Your vehicle is more fuel-efficient and smooth running.
Choosing A Service Center:
Before you hand over your range rover to any service center you need to find a reputed service center which is cost-effective and does not over-charge. Also, make sure of the professionals following specific steps while handling your car. They need to be qualified and experienced specifically in servicing range rovers.
- Genuine replacement parts need to be used if replacement is required. A range rover requires genuine alloy wheels for additional durability and strength. These wheels need to be checked out for any microscopic cracks. The same applies for brakes and exhausts.
- The professionals handling a range rover need to be specifically trained for doing so. This servicing is not the same like the servicing of any other car. These technicians need to have a perfect understanding of this vehicle before they are entrusted with this job.
- You need to get some guarantee or warranty not only on the replacement parts but also on the service of a range rover. This can help you in saving quite a bit.
Tips on Service Schedule:
Though every vehicle requires a different schedule and maintenance for the servicing a general idea can help in a big way.
- Oil needs to be changed every 6,000 miles or after a period of 6 months, whichever is first.
- Brakes are inspected after a period of 1 year or 30,000 miles.
- Inspection of the fuel tank air filter is carried out after 50,000 miles or 2 years.
- The cabin air filter is inspected after 2 years or 60,000 miles.
- The coolant is checked after 2 years or 60,000 miles.
- The transmission fluid is inspected and probably replaced after 170,000 miles or 6 years.
You have multiple service centers listed online. Conducting a search you get a fair idea of what to expect and also the charges. Comparing the different prices can help you to save.